Our Outreach Number:
- On the 7th of January 2017, Team 6429 divided into 2 groups to attend both the FLL Jr. Fair and the Kick-Off event. 8 team members attended FLL
Jr. Fair in Sevinç Koleji and interacted with 12 teams. We had an opportunity to help youngsters and make FIRST inspire them as we are inspired.
- On the Kick-Off Day, 4D would make 2 different preesentations to all the 43 teams in Turkey about sponsorship and programming in 2017 Kick-off event. We arranged everything and were ready to take flight, however, the event was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. Hence, we couldn’t make a presentation. Instead, we came together in our mentor’s house that night to learn about the new season.
- 4D gave information about both STEAM and FIRST on the 9th of January 2017. Additionally, we introduced our team to the teenagers that are 13-14. We reached more than 95 students and encouraged them to be a part of the FIRST family.
- On the 10th of January 2017, we broadcasted globally live on TRT radio. We introduced ourselves, FIRST and FRC and received positive feedbacks from the audience.
- Thousands of kilometers between us aren’t important… 4D exchanged ideas with Şırnak Center Hürriyet Middle School’s FLL team “Nuh’un Kahramanları” on Skype. We shared our experiences to this brilliant team and we listened to their project ideas for their first year in FLL.
- On the 20th of January 2017, we visited an FLL team in Çiğli, Tepekule
which was a state school team. 4D answered their questions efficiently.
- On the 23rd of January 2017, our safety captain, Aslı and the head of robot crew, Bora went to VestelCity which is the factory of a well-known company in our country with its technological devices but actually it is not only a factory, it is also a place where the researches and developments are
- On the 30th of January 2017, we talked with EÇEV’s FLL team INSHAY about their robot. We had meetings with INSHAY several times and exchanged ideas about their progress.
- On the 31st of January 2017, 6429 went to a safety training at VestelCity. The training included 3 subjects: First Aid, Safety and Fire
Alert. First, a doctor informed us about the importance of first aid. Then, a work safety expert taught us about Workplace Safety and the most critical thing we learned was near misses. We learned how important near misses occur and we modified our lab according to the information. After the lesson, the head of the fire department gave us another lecture about fire and evacuation. Afterwards, 4D moved on to a simulation which made the fire education almost real. At the end of the day, we were all safety certificate owners.
- On the 12th of February 2017, on Women in STEM day, we held an event called “1-to-1 Day”. We are aware that men and women must be equal in every area. As being the first FRC team in our region, we would like the future teams to have the equality spirit. This way, our young generations can grow with the belief that everybody can do anything.
- On the 14th of February 2017, we gave education and information about robotics, FIRST and FRC to 4th, 5th & 8th grade students and to their FLL team “Rookies&Cookies” at Sevinç College. Students made their own robots from recycled materials after education.
- Between 17th and 19th of February 2017, we were the volunteers for İzmir Regional FLL tournament. We talked and helped 72 teams and introduced them FRC and ourselves. Our team member, Su Hazal Çallı, was awarded with the “The Most Willing Volunteer” Award.
- Between 3rd and 5th of March, we volunteered in FLL National Tournament. In Nationals, 4D reached up to 102 teams and It was such a great experience that we are glad to meet all of these FLL teams and
- On the 3rd of March 2017, 4D hosted 4 FLL teams from another city, Istanbul, and opened our conference hall to let them practise their presentations. After watching their presentations, we guided them towards our FLL experiences.
- Before the regional on the 9th of March 2017, we organized a surprise for our mentor. It was a great motivation for the whole team.
- On the 13th of March 2017, the half of our team, the ones who couldn’t come to the regional, made a presentation to introduce FIRST, FRC and our team to the students that were aged between 14-16. This way, they spread FIRST’s message to more than 110 people.
- On between 16th and 19th of March 2017, we attended San Francisco Regional and were awarded with two prestigious awards: “Highest Rookie Seed” and “Rookie All Star”.
- After we turned back to our country, on the 24th of March 2017, 4D had a team meeting to discuss the deficiencies in San Francisco Regional.
- On the 30th of March 2017, we went to the most crowded place in our city, Alsancak, to interview with the citizens. The questions asked were: “What is the first thing that comes to your mind when we say robot? / What does FIRST mean to you? / What do you think about women engineers? / What is STEAM? / What does 4th Dimension mean to you?” We interviewed with so many people. However, the ones who knows what FIRST and STEAM are just the %1 of them. Also, almost all of them think that women should be empowered and be a part of scientific studies because they are valued less than they deserve. According to the answers we got, we decided to spread STEAM activities and FIRST’s message more and more and empower next generations without any gender discrimination
- 6429 visited public elementary school which is called “Dr. Güngör Özbek Elementary School” on the 5th of April 2017. We gave information about both STEAM activities and FIRST programs to the 7th graders. They stated that they would be glad if they had a chance to participate in FLL and then FRC. So, we became their mentors as we had promised before.
- On the 7th of April 2017, we went to public Anatolian High School to give a speech about robotics, FIRST and 4th Dimension to students, who are between 15 and 17. Our team made it clear that we continued to achieve our goal step by step: spreading FIRST’s message through our region as the first FRC team of our region.
- Some of our team members are also the participants of Junior Achievement Program, which helps us to be better entrepreneurs. Our teammates sell mugs to donate the money that is earned to a charity for providing children a better education especially for refugees. It is also one of our social responsibility projects. Moreover, our members attended the fair on the 8th of April 2017 and they also introduced our team and FIRST
to the visitors.
- We arranged another kermes to afford our expenses such as roll ups, souvenirs, brochures, etc. Not only did we sell food, but also, we informed the students about FIRST, FRC and 4th Dimension. We were dedicated to cultivating them better for the because as our Honourable Leader, Atatürk said, they are the future of Turkiye so it is our mission to enlighten their lives with the help of science.
- Ultimately, we interacted with more than 400 students on the 10th of
April 2017 and they all wished us the best of luck in Houston.
- On the 13th of April 2017, we gave a lesson to the 2nd graders about programming and had a great time with them. Instead of teachers, having lessons from sisters and brothers was efficient for the children because they weren’t afraid of asking questions. We helped them as much as possible since the next generations are being redefined through enthusiasm for STEAM by 4D.
- Team 4th Dimension attended the FIRST World Championship 2017 in
Houston, TX. We made an achievement by representing our country and were rewarded with Rookie Inspiration Award. Throughout the champ, we always supported our mentees, members of FLL Team Thundercats who also took part in the World Festival.
- On May 18th, 2017, we made a presentation about FIRST, STEAM and FRC to the 8th graders who were enthusiastic about being a member of this family. Besides, our pit drew attention to safety and mechanics.
- To spread the STEAM and FIRST Message, we participated in European Youth Week STK Fair. Our visitors were inspired by 21 high school students’ impacts on community, as well as their achievements.
- On May 29th 2017, our family gained 9 new open minds regarding our selections based on application forms. In addition, these new members had FLL history by which Team 6429 ensured their awareness of the FIRST principles.
- In June 2017, we were the participants of a STEAM-based fair which was held with corporation of ZORLU Holding and TUSİAD. Not only did we play great role in spreading the FIRST message and FRC, but also enlightened the attendees of the fair through the activities and projects we hold considering community outreach and impact. Members of Team 6429 were the embodiments of STEM projects to inform the teachers about what they do.
- In corporation with Bilim Kahramanları Derneği, we are delighted to have run a summer science camp which lasted one week with 30 students from 3 different age groups in the HUGOBOSS factory on July 10th, 2017. It was such a great experience for us to share what we have learned from FIRST.
- We celebrated the FIRST-year anniversary of our beloved team with our new members. In the past year, we learnt how to overcome hardships, we became a family with dozens of different ideas, we were more than a team and we will become more.
- Between August 19th-27th 2017, 4th Dimension took part in Izmir Maker Faire and shared our initiatives about STEAM by informing our society via our stand.
- Between 19th and 27th of August 2017, we were the attendees and volunteers of Hack’n Break which was held in Iztech (Izmir High Technology Institute).
- Between September 8-12 2017, our members Zeynep Naz Avcı and Melis Menkü attended Innocampus, a Startup Accelerator Program, in which they prepared a project in humanity’s behalf. In this context, they made a presentation about an innovative helmet that would let paralyzed people control the tools in their houses.
- On October 6th 2017, 6429 took flight to Istanbul for the Kick-Off event. As well as experiencing the energetic atmosphere, we interacted with both rookie and veteran teams such as IMC, XSHARC, Adroit Androids.
- After contacting with several public schools, we started 3 different robotic education programs on 13th October 2017. In this context, we are infusing the FIRST values into Generation Z by using LEGO WeDo 2.0 for kindergarten, EV3 for primary and secondary schools.
- On October 17th 2017, we officially started mentoring FLL Team 4th Vision and their name was inspired by Team 4th Dimension. We will be backing them up during this rewarding journey.
- We visited Manisa Bahcesehir College and taught them about robotics and STEAM on October 19, 2017. We are working hard to reshape the youth with the skills required for the 21st century.
- We organized a Halloween party at our school. In this event, Team 6429 prepared all the props and raised funds for the team budget to arrange STEAM activities.
- On November 19th 2017, 4D attended the MZV Youth Summit organised by Zorlu Holding.
- 6429 arranged a meeting with Renkler Makina and Omsan about sponsorship and we improved our presentation skills by informing them about STEAM.
- Between 2-4 December 2017, 4th Dimension attended the III. Turkish Off-Season event in Istanbul, Turkiye where we improved ourselves in terms of interaction, association and cooperation.
- From December 15 to 17 2017, our team members Efsane Soyer and Sıla Dönmez took part in IV. Young Diplomates Conference. In this context, we efficiently debated about globally-crucial issues through social responsibility we have gained in FRC.
- Team 6429 attended Hack4Wellbeing Hackathon which was held with partnership of Ege University Science and Technology Centre – Technology Transfer Office (EBILTEM-TTO) and we were awarded with the Motivation Award with our walking stick prototype, Tri Balance, which is now being materialized.
- On December 21st, 2017, we painted cathouses with our friends in Bornova Down Café and informed them about FRC and made a presentation about our robots.
- We had a sponsorship meeting with Yucesoy Engineering on December 29th, 2017. Yucesoy stated that they would fully support 4D in their endless initiatives to spread the FIRST message and STEAM.